YOU MUST FIRST
HOW TO WRITE YOUR GOOGLE MY BUSINESS DESCRIPTION?
You have up to 750 characters in the Description field. Use as many as possible. But avoid short descriptions.
Write about your products and services, core values, history and heritage, or awards that you’ve won. Show whether you are a B2C and/or B2B business. Give specifics of the best customers you work with. Details what industries you specialize in and the expert knowledge you have.
At the core of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is the use of keywords or search phrases. Look for ways to naturally write about these in your Description. This can help Google understand what your business offers and. Make your description read naturally in a way to help your visitor understand your services. However, avoid over-stuffing these key words and phrases in your description.
UPLOAD PLENTY OF PHOTOS
Your uploading lots of photos into your Google My Business profile will show your customers you are authentic and real. They are more likely to build trust you and your photos will foster a desire from them to work with you.
Use the best quality, high-resolution images which truly encompasses your brand, business and service offering.
The most prominent image on your GMB panel is your Cover photo. What photo best represents your business? Inside store, production area or happy customers using your products. Though all of these photos should be part of your list of uploaded photos, choose the best one of these for your Cover Photo.
WHY RESPOND TO GOOGLE MY BUSINESS REVIEWS?
1) Proper Business Etiquette
In life, when someone in conversation personally asks you a question or makes a comment it’s a common courtesy to recognize them and respond. It’s the same online. When a client comes to your GMB profile and places a review —whether good or bad—you respond to them. It is simply good customer service.
2) It’s What Google Likes
A Google rep in its GMB support area made an insightful comment regarding this. The Google advisor stated – when a GMB profile owner responds to a review it acts like a signal to Google that the page is being actively managed. The activity is rewarded with a better online business exposure and higher ranking.
3) Builds Potential Customer Confidence
When a searcher finds your online listing and sees the reviews and your responses, it shows those prospects, potential customers and clients you care about providing good service. Especially with negative reviews, if searchers see that the business owner cares and tries to right a situation, it provides you with an opportunity to turn one customer’s negative experience into a positive one. For positive reviews, it is as simple as publicly saying “thank you,” reinforcing your character and commitment to your customers.
HOW TO INCREASE YOUR GOOGLE MY BUSINESS RANKING IN THE LIST?
- Start by getting on GMB in the first place
- Claim your listing
- Need a good email and phone number. This will be for the person managing your Google My Business account.
- Google will send you a post card with a listing validation code.
- Complete your Google business profile
- You get a map pin too
- Follow details above
- Properly categorize your business (see Category List)
- Use a local phone number
- Do not use a tracked phone number
- Keep your hours updated
- Include updates for holidays
- Optimize your description
- Follow the details above and use local keywords
- Add photos to your listing
- Include indoor, outdoor, products
- Get Google reviews
- Respond the reviews (all of them)
- Use posts to promote events, offers, and content
- Upload videos
- Remove and/or consolidate any duplicate listings
- Find them.Could have been left there during a location move or someone in the past started it and abandoned it.
- Have a responsive website
- Though not actually part of the GMB listing itself, Google recognizing your responsive website will work hand-in-hand with your GMB listing
- Embed a Google Map on your website