What is Google My Business (GMB)
GMB is a free tool for to allow businesses to create simple, but effective profiles which get clearly listed during Google Search Engine Results Page (SERP). You describe your business, identify your location(s), list operating hours, provide a link to your website, and list the products or services you offer.
When listed during a search, your GMB business will appear in a small designated section on the right of the page or at the very top. Where your listing is ranked depends on a number of factors which we will describe elsewhere.
Google My Business Features
• GMB is an online business listing service offered exclusively by Google.
• Its quick to set up, easy to use and its FREE.
• Google My Business listings work hand-in-hand with Google search results.
• For those who have a store front or an office where customers can visit you will receive a pin placement on Google Maps.
• You can post photos and promotions
More than just a local listing. Lets you manage how you appear on Google Search and Maps.
Benefits of Google My Business
- All businesses need to have a Google My Business listing.
- This is both especially true and essential for the small business owner, consultant and practitioner who has a limited internet marketing budget.
- Businesses that verify their Google My Business listing are twice as likely to be considered reputable by visitors.
- It has the potential of putting your business listing on Page 1 of the Google Search Engine Results Page (SERP).
- Posted photos that show your storefront, inside showroom, and product displays receive > 40% more requests for directions on Google Maps and > 30% more clicks to their website views.
- Posted photos and promotions make your business unique, gives prospects and customers more reason to choose you every time.
Interact With Customers
- When people find your business on Google Maps and Search they are given access to your hours, website, and street address.
- Gives customers more ways to reach you – by calling, messaging, or leaving reviews.
- When customer post reviews you can increase your credibility by responding to each of them.
Valuable Activity Reports
- Helps you understand your prospects and expand your presence
- Gives you insights on how customers are searching for your business, and where those customers are coming from.
- Quantify how many people called your business directly from the phone number displayed on local search results in Search and Maps
- You have the ability to create and track the performance of Smart campaigns to spread the word about your work.